Friday, November 30, 2007

1956 Tennessee

Next week is the awarding of the Heisman Trophy, and this year's voting is already drawing a lot of attention. A certain newspaper covering one of the finalists is conducting an informal media poll and asked for my thougths. Although my newspaper has a vote, I don't, but here's how I would.

My initial thought is that I think a lot of voters are simply going to look at Tim Tebow's touchdown numbers and then nothing else, which shouldn't be the case. That Darren McFadden's season numbers are better than last year, and his career total tops Bo Jackson, could make this one of the interesting and intriguing votes in Heisman history.

1. McFadden, Arkansas
2. Tim Tebow, Florida
3. Glenn Dorsey, LSU

An SEC trifecta, but only because Oregon's Dixon unfortunately got hurt.

Halfback Johnny Majors finished second in 1956 Heisman Trophy voting to Notre Dame’s Paul Hornung (considered one of the most controversial finishes in the award's history), and after a 10-0 regular season Tennessee finished No. 2 in the final polls as well. Courtesy of the Southeastern Conference.

No comments: