Friday, December 7, 2007

1950 Cal

Busy days.

First off I want to thank the Red Elephant Club in Florence for having me as a guest speaker last night. I had a very enjoyable time, and was blown away by the number of questions (45 minutes, wow).

Second, I want to thank the very nice police officer for not giving me a speeding ticket on the way home. Merry Christmas.

Yesterday, I did a fun radio interview with a station in Louisville. Saturday morning it's West Palm Beach's turn.

Coach Lynn “Pappy” Waldorf led the Bears to three straight appearances in the 1951 Rose Bowl after undefeated regular seasons, but wasn’t able to get a victory. The last came against Michigan, a 14-6 loss. His Cal record through 1956 was 67-32-4; his career record 170-94-22. Courtesy the Tournament of Roses archives.

No comments: