Monday, June 2, 2008

And even more book news!

Here’s how my life seems to be going right now: After essentially spending nearly a week in a hospital to support my mom when she had hip-replacement surgery (she’s doing great, by the way), I pretty much spent the following week wanting to go back to the hospital, any hospital, after getting food poisoning my first night at the NCAA Men’s Golf Championships in West Lafayette, Ind.
I’m not sure the lesson to be learned, other than don’t visit Purdue during the summer and order a meal right before closing time (however, if you do go swing by Harry’s Chocolate Shop and get someone to tell you the history of the place).
Ok, enough of that. Here’s some news on the book front:
1) From what I hear, “100 Things Crimson Tide Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die,” won’t start hitting stores until sometime in July, but will out well before the start of football season.
Here’s a link for it (and will eventually provide the first look at the cover): http://www.triumphbooks.com/products/100_things_crimson_tide_fans_should_know___do_before_they_die/1572435789.php?page_id=14
2) My next project, which has actually been in the works for something like three years, is finally set in stone and I’m ready to divulge. It’s a series of what we’ll call handbooks on a number of football programs.
The 2009 versions will feature Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas.
There will also be one pro version, the New York Giants (those of you who know me well know I didn’t pick that one).
Plans are already in the works for at least Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Nebraska, Penn State and Southern California versions in 2010, in addition to possible updates on the original eight (i.e. there could be annual editions). Should the Giants version sell well, we’ll add other NFL teams.
I’ve already put in a lot of work on the series and down to the point that I’m focusing on one handbook a month, while working on the Giants book on the side. June is Michigan, while Alabama is pretty much already done because I wrote it up as a prototype.
Feel free to lobby me for doing a version on your school, or specific information that should be included.

1 comment:

Carla Jean said...

No need for lobbying--you've got my teams covered!

Good catching up with you the other week!

--The OTHER CJW