Monday, August 31, 2009

What a day (and an early leader in the clubhouse)

So my first day on the new job, I wrote a depth-chart story, a long notebook, a feature on Mark Ingram, had a two-hour insurance run-around, and then covered, oh, a shooting.

Defensive end Brandon Deaderick was shot outside an apartment building, supposedly after a would-be carjacker tried to hold up his girlfriend. Thankfully, there wasn't a whole lot of blood and I believe he's going to be ok.

Not bad considering I can't even figure out where the spell check is on my new laptop.

Anyway, I got some advance sales figures for the books, before July (pre-release). No figures, but here's the order:

1. Ohio State
2. New York Giants
3. Texas
4. Tennessee

Thank you Buckeyes, because it's not just a small lead.

No comments: