Monday, August 20, 2012

A welcome sight ...

I'll post a little more during the next couple of days, but I was happy to see my copies of the new book arrive today.

FYI, I only get 10 copies, which are already accounted for, but it's still a great feeling.

I know I've said it before, but it's essentially a completely different book. We didn't just add the two national championships, Mark Ingram winning the Heisman Trophy, and everything else that occurred since 2008, but the order was completely renumbered and a lot of entries rewritten.

The original version was 233 pages. The new edition is 281.

The old introduction was a letter I wrote to Paul W. "Bear" Bryant about how much he'd probably like the new coach, Nick Saban. Now it's about the tornado.

Previously, the back cover had a picture of Joe Namath. The update has Saban holding up a crystal football.

You get the idea.

No comments: