Saturday, January 16, 2010

The perils of covering a championship run

It's been roughly a week since I returned from Pasadena, and I still have yet to recover. Not only was it one of most exhausting experiences of my life, but things haven't let up yet (coaching comings and goings, etc.) and there have been some extremely late nights to revamp and update all the software on my computers.

Yeah, that upgrade software for Windows 7 worked so well I had to buy the total package version for roughly $200. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

So while Alabama is holding its championship celebration at Bryant-Denny Stadium today, I have another example of how seriously people in the South take college football: While the rest of the nation was focused and horrified by the Haiti earthquake this week, everyone I know has been talking almost non-stop about Lane Kiffin leaving Tennessee and what a *expletive* he is.

On the hopefully good news front, I'll be having some interesting discussions next week about the potential future of the Huddle Up series. Yes, it still has a pulse.

No comments: