Monday, November 24, 2008

What are the odds?

I'm going to backtrack a moment here because, well, I can, and because Steve Spurrier is one of my favorite people to quote in college football.

Remember this quote from last week's coaches teleconference?
“A lot of people don’t think it’s going to happen, but I sort of believe it will happen if President-elect Obama pushes it hard enough. It would be very interesting, but I think there’s a chance it could happen. Maybe it’ll take four years or so, but I think there’s a chance.”

So what are the odds? I'm glad you asked.

According to BetOnline.com, the chances of it actually happening during his presidency are 9-to-4.

Granted, I don't gamble, so I can't really get into how good that is, but if Vegas is taking odds, you have to admit there's something to all this.

“We have playoffs in every sport in the world, I think, except (FBS) college football,” Spurrier said. “I used to say, ’How can we be right and everybody else be wrong.” ’

No comments: