Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And the crowd goes wild!

Roughly 300 days after the contract was signed, I'm thrilled to announce the first-year editions of the Huddle Up series (2009) are done and turned in to my publisher, Triumph Books. The last, Alabama, easily beat the March 1 deadline and was completed at about 3 a.m.

For those of you scoring at home (I still love that cliche), that's nine versions: Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and the New York Giants.

They add up to 376,732 words. To put that into perspective, my last book "100 Things" was roughly 70,000 words, and "Who's No. 1?" was 122,794.

After a nice celebration later this week, I'll start putting together the bonus version, Auburn. I've also already decided on which editions I'll be pitching to add for 2010, but I'll save that for another time. I'm exhausted, time to crash.

No comments: