Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Special delivery

It's 1 a.m. Wednesday night, oops, Thursday morning, and I have somehow managed to survive both National Signing Day (which is an absolute nightmare for sportswriters in the Deep South), and the first of two deadlines in the Huddle Up series.

As I sit here and sip an adult beverage in celebration/relief, I'm happy to report that I turned in four editions (Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan and Notre Dame) on time, and an extra one as well (New York Giants).

I'm on target to finish Ohio State during the next day or two, and will then get started on the two Big XII versions, Oklahoma and Texas. Unbelievable, but I'm thrilled to get past such a huge hurdle, and can't wait to finish the whole thing.

P.S. For those of you who are doing "25 Random Things" on Facebook, here's one I missed on mine, I had a relative (I believe it was my great grandfather) who rode for the Pony Express.

No comments: