Tuesday, July 30, 2013

More about the book ...


To follow up on my previous post, here are some more details about my latest book: 

- The tentative title is Nick Saban vs. College Football.
- The length of the initial draft was about 200,000 words. For a little perspective, War and Peace was 544,406 words, while Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was 198.227
- I've since edited it down to about 100,000 words, which is close to the final length. That's roughly the same size as The Hobbit, and the first Hunger Games book. 
- I'm nearly done with the crucial round of editing, after which most of the changes will be style ... until the end of the 2013 season, when the book will be updated. 
- I really, really like the way it's looking.

As for the photo, I just like it, and was taken with my iPhone ... sometimes you just get lucky.

P.S. For those of you who are interested, the Ultimate Football Database http://www.ultimatefd.com as been re-designed. Hope you like it.

No comments: