Friday, July 18, 2014

Real men wear black ...

Somehow I survived the first four-day SEC Media Days, which was crazy as usual but in a whole new way for me.

This week was my first with Saturday Down South, and it couldn't have been more fun. I might have learned more about promoting than from the first 24 years of my career combined. The object was to make a big splash and we did that and whole lot more. Our brand was everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Now I just have to hold up my end and write some good stories for SDS.

BTW, if you want to see some of what we did, including sit-down interviews with numerous prominent people including commissioner Mike Slive, and Stephen Garcia helmet cam, check out the site. I guess you could call it my debut as a TV broadcaster.

In addition to all that the book was a huge hit as well. Triumph Books did up some nice fliers that I handed out on radio row, which led to numerous interviews. I'll also be appearing on NBC 13's Alabama Tonight on July 30th at 6:30 p.m.

The first book signing is set for Aug. 6th, but I'm waiting for the store to make the announcement. Let's just say I'm very excited about where it will be.

No comments: