Sunday, January 4, 2015

Rough week ...

There's a manuscript sitting on my desk, and unfortunately the picture here is all you'll probably ever see of it.

One of the things I've had in the works for a while was a championship book if Alabama won the national title. The plan was for it to go to the printer the morning after the final game in Dallas, and be available almost immediately.

Literally, the thing was done except for the semifinal game, the title game and a short sidebar on the championship game MVP. I had spent a good part of December working on the manuscript, making sure it was worthy of being a keepsake, and I was pretty proud of how it turned out.

But then Ohio State upset Alabama at the Sugar Bowl, and that was that. Actually, it turned out to be the least of my worries last week (more on that in the near future), but it's the kind of thing that I thought some of you might be interested in hearing about. Over the years I've had a few books never see the light of day, but sometimes that's just the way it goes. Back to the drawing board ...

No comments: