Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ben-Hur rocks (1903-15)

The book is here!

The book is here!

The book is here!

Ok, maybe I'm a little excited, but seeing your book for the first time never gets old, I don't care how many you've written (FYI, this is my fourth). Seeing it for the first time in a store is also pretty cool, which could happen by the weekend. At least I can stop going nuts about when they would get here, and hearing from various people "Hey, my copy got here. It looks great."

Anyway, my copies arrived this morning, 10 months to the day Nick Saban was hired, and on the day the NHL season opens on this continent (there were two games played in London last weeked. Wish I could have been there). Good day for me. Think I'll do something different, like not post a football photo.

From 1903-15, the Tournament of Roses held chariot races as a feature attraction. Even though this race on January 1, 1915 attracted 25,000 fans, dwindling interest and economic factors led organizers to bring football back at the end of the 1915 season. Courtesy Tournament of Roses archives.

No comments: