Tuesday, December 9, 2008

... followed by an interesting weekend

As I wrote for Monday's newspaper, anyone who didn’t appreciate Saturday’s SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome simply isn’t a fan of college football.

Yeah, it was that good. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was at such an amazing game.

On top of it, I finished the first draft of the Oklahoma handbook (and this photo is from the Sooners' website). So I'm down to the last one, Texas, and then spend two months tweaking, writing and updating, so they can hit stores in time for next football season.

Since this is a blog about writing books, here's my timetable:
December: Finish the first draft of Texas. I'm actually off to a really great start.
Dec. 28-Jan 3: Finish Tennessee edition.
Jan 4-10: Michigan
Jan. 11-17: Notre Dame
Jan. 18-24: Georgia
Jan. 25-31: New York Giants
Feb. 4: Turn in Tennessee, Michigan, Nortre Dame, Georgia editions
Feb. 1-7: Ohio State
Feb. 8-14: Texas
Feb. 15-21: Oklahoma
Feb. 22-28: Alabama
March 1: Turn in the other five editions ... maybe go on vacation

Two other final notes: I think it's safe to say we'll be doing a Florida version asap, assuming the series takes off, and the series now has a catchy title phrase that they will all use, "Huddle Up: The 2009 Guide to (Whatever) Football." Me? I'm going to call them the "Guides."

No comments: