Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tennessee: Done!

Great news from New Orleans, where I'm getting ready to cover Friday's Sugar Bowl between Alabama at Utah. I just finished the final draft of the Tennessee version of the Huddle Up guide series, except for a couple of small details I can't add yet (like the new coaching staff which has yet to be hired).

FYI, it's 35,000 words. That's about a third the size of my usual books. Since I'm doing nine editions this year, that'll give you an comparative idea to the scope of the entire project.

Personally, I'm thrilled with how it looks, and relieved for two reasons: 1) It's done, and 2) The amount of time I planned to finish it was dead on, which means I should be able to wrap up the other eight versions on time.

Very cool.

Oh, and yes, the title is a reference to Monster House. I miss that show, it was fun.

No comments: