Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Return to sender

As many of you know, in late November I sent a copy of my book "Who's No. 1? 100 Years of Controversial Champions in College Football," to President-elect Barack Obama after he stated on more than one occasion that he was in favor of a playoff.

At least I thought I did.

A couple of days ago, the beat up Priority Mail envelope came back, marked with two stamps and a sticker. The stamps were: "Screened by the Senate Post Office, Nov. 25, 2008" and "Return to Sender."

The sticker, which I love, reads: "PLEASE RETURN TO SENDER: President-elect Barack Obama cannot accept mail at this address. Please accept our apologies."

So a phone call later, I found out that even though his Senate office is still open, it's not accepting mail. Apparently the place to send it is PO Box 8102, Chicago, IL 60682, which is what I did.

I'm writing the $4.80 for postage, twice, off my taxes.

By the way, yes, that is the President-elect driving past Tyler Hansbrough during a North Carolina scrimmage a few weeks after the Heels made the Final Four. The way UNC is playing, I'm expecting a summer rematch at the White House.

No comments: