Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You're not going to believe where I saw the book on sale ...

Whenever I have a book come out, the No. 1 question I get is, "So how’s it doing?"
The thing is, most publishing houses only notify authors of sales numbers twice a year, and for the previous six months. So for "100 Things Crimson Tide Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die," which came out in August, I’ll probably get my first official idea in March.
Unofficially, I think it’s doing well.
- For the past few weeks, Amazon.com has had it listed among its best-selling book in the state of Alabama.
- The local Barnes & Noble ran out of copies this week, despite getting in an order Dec. 9 (I’m been assured more are on the way).
And here’s my favorite:
- I actually saw it on sale at Sam’s Club (FYI, I'm a HUGE fan of Sam's Club) last night. Before I could pick my jaw up off the ground, people grabbed three copies (and I wouldn’t be surprised if they already sold out of what they had - which means another order).
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone.

No comments: