Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still under construction

I hate to admit this, but even though I hit my writing deadline for the Huddle Up series, the work continues.

For one, we're thinking about adding quite a bit of information, some immediately and the rest probably down the road. I won't go into the details, but my publisher sent me tentative dummies of the Tennessee book, which we're using as a sort of test run for the whole series, and the thing is getting pretty big.

The good news is that most of what we're adding I'll have done in a few days. Then there will be some tweaking and editing over the next couple of months.

Here's the important info:
1) My jaw hit the ground when I saw the dummies. The book looked absolutely amazing. I'm really excited.
2) There are a lot more visual elements than I envisioned, both graphics and photos.
3) Apparently Barnes and Noble wants all 10 as part of a big preseason promotion that will begin in July. That means everything's getting pushed up to get it done, with more people involved.
4) I've been asked not to post the Tennessee cover yet, but will do so asap. As you would expect, it's real orange.

No comments: