Saturday, September 8, 2007

1926 Alabama

So I'm at Alabama at Vanderbilt today, and I've already experienced two firsts. 1) I don't think I've ever sat at the 50-yard-line in a visiting press box (that's usually reserved for the home beat writers) and, 2) Parking across the street is $5. Because Vanderbilt offers a season-ticket package for $99, numerous Alabama fans purchased season tickets and sold the rest off just to be here for this game. I expect the stands to be at least 2/3 full of people wearing crimson, maybe more.

It's supposed to rain today, which for some reason reminded me of this picture of the Crimson Tide practicing during the 1926 season. The defending national champions returned to the Rose Bowl and tied Stanford, earning a share of the title. As for what they're doing, I have no idea. Photo courtesy of the Paul W. Bryant Museum.

No comments: