Thursday, September 20, 2007

1980 Georgia

In honor of being on the Home Depot Southern Football Kickoff Show, which is on 790 The Zone out of Atlanta, this morning, Georgia seems fitting today. My thanks for Tony Barnhart for having me on. I think when people ask me how I'm able to cover the team, write books and do everything else, I might start saying that I'm just trying to keep up with Tony, because he set the bar so freaking high. Anyway, if you're a college football fan and you don't have a copy of his “Southern Fried Football,” you need to go out and get it ... right after you buy "Who's No. 1?" which I hope to have an update on next week regarding its release (I can feel it, we're getting really close to the first books hitting stores).

Here Coach Vince Dooley is carried off the field after the victory against Georgia Tech to put the Bulldogs in position to win the 1980 national championship. Courtesy of the SEC.

No comments: