Monday, September 24, 2007

1991 Washington

Ok, confession time. I have some really nice shots from the Orange Bowl, but for some reason I can't get them to work on here. This is relevant because I really wanted to post a Bobby Bowden shot today since I'll be at Saturday's game in Jacksonville.

Anyway, I went from the Bowdwn shot that didn't work, to finding a Don James shot that did. What does James have to do with this? Simple, when Nick Saban on was James' staff at Kent State, and his father died, Bowden offered to create a job from him at West Virginia if he wanted to be closer to home.

Yeah, it's a reach, but it's a good story.

Anyway, James, here pictured with Bo Schembechler prior to the 1981 Rose bowl, guided the Huskies to a 12-0 season in 1991, good enough to split the national championship with Miami. Courtesy of the Tournament of Roses archives.

No comments: